I remember the days when it was a constant compromise between sun protection and a flawless base.
Thankfully those days are long behind us! Skincare companies now stock sunscreens designed to go under foundation and there is no longer the compromise in the end finish.
Even though we are in winter here in Australia, you can never be complacent when it comes to sun protection. Especially with my ultra fair English colourings, sun burn is never more than a few minutes away sans sunscreen.
Before I delve into my current sunscreen favourites, I thought I would share what I look for in a sunscreen. Firstly, it must sink into the skin - I don't want that oily film or typical "sunscreen feel" left behind. Secondly, it must wear all day without becoming oily and sit well under make-up. Thirdly, and most importantly, it must be UVA an UVB broad spectrum and sit either at SPF30 or higher.
So with that aside, here are my top picks:
Clockwise from left of main picture:
- Ultraderm Daily Protector Moisturiser SPF30+(link)
- Vichy Capital Soleil Sunblock Stick SPF50+ (link)
- Alpha-H Protection Plus Daily SPF50+ (link)
- Banana Boat Faces SPF50+ (link)
- Avene Very High Protection Emulsion SPF 50+ For Normal To Combination Sensitive Skin (link)
- La Roche-Posay Anthelios XL SPF 50+ Extreme Fluid (link)
What are your go to SPF's?
Ellen Rozalia xx